Sunday, April 14, 2013

In case I forget...

what weekends were like.... after an hour with Gore Vidal in the bath, I went to the gym and dropped by work, checked in with my folks, dug out seven years of compacted compost and filled two huge planters that had waited several years for flowers- with which I then filled them. I uprooted the dead maple by the corner of the garage, mowed the lawn and trimmed the weeds, attached a box planter to the back patio rail. I moved the fire pit which was so close to the laurel trees that they nearly ignited last summer. I took down the winter curtains, washed them and rehung them; changed the linens, washed and replaced them. Buddy and I played ball in the mud so he got a bath and I trimmed his nails. I cleaned the tub and all after, cleaned the windows, did the dishes and put away piles of accumulated debris.

1 comment:

ilduce said...

When you get a chance come by and perform Items 5, 6 and 8 at my house as well.